What is Laser vaginal Rejuvenation?
Approximately half of all women experience some vaginal problems and no woman should need to suffer in silence. Vaginal rejuvenation usually is considered as an invasive surgery like vaginoplasty (“tightening” of the vagina) and/or labiaplasty or vulvaplasty (reshaping of the vulva or labia, the outer and inner lips of the vagina). But, Laser vaginal rejuvenation is a non-invasive treatment. Laser Vagina rejuvenation and regeneration provided women with a non-surgical option improving personal and intimate comfort and confidence.
How it works?
The Laser technology helps recover blood flow and tissue tone in your vagina. The outcome is a tighter and better-lubricated vagina, and therefore improved sexual gratification for you and your partner. The treatment stimulates the regeneration of important tissue structures that keep your vagina tight, elastic, lubricated and healthy. This procedure can help with several common female problems.
- Safe – will not scar or harm
Fast Results – Visible improvement as early as the 2nd treatment
No Downtime – non-invasive, non-abrasive treatments for walk-in,
Discreet – with no intense side-effects, no one knows unless you want them to.
Radiates health and well-being, youth and vitality
When to consider a laser Vaginal Rejuvenation:
If you suffer from any of the following symptoms, then Laser vagina rejuvenation is the best non-surgical treatment available today: Diminished sensation during intercourse, Dryness, loss of lubrication and pain during intercourse, Vaginal pain or discomfort, Vaginal laxity (looseness), Urinary incontinence and urgency.
What are the benefits?
This is a walk-in, walk-out procedure. There are no incisions and therefore no scars. There is little or no down-time. No antibiotics or medications are required after the procedure
Before the procedure:
Our friendly and understanding female laser professionals will ensure your comfort, both for your assessment and treatments. The team at COL Clinic is highly trained and experienced in addressing the needs of intimate female issues. As with any laser procedure, laser vaginal rejuvenation is not necessarily suitable for every woman, so the first step is a consultation to assess your condition and the best way to treat it. During consultations, our practitioners can learn more about the clients and vice versa. This visit gives us a chance to evaluate the current state of the client’s skin and discuss options that will help the client achieve a desired look. Consultation visits also provides the opportunity to address their goals and expectations for their treatment and to ask any questions they might have. During visits also laser practitioners advise the client of the benefits, precautions, treatment response, adverse reactions, method of administration and other important information.
How is the Laser vagina treatment performed?
Photo rejuvenation, is a non-invasive procedure that only treats the needed areas while leaving the surrounding tissues intact. This provides the client with smoother, healthier, younger-looking skin. The Laser is applied over the genitalia and labia, and cold laser is inserted into the vagina, and the laser light is applied to the mucosal (mucous-making) tissue of the vagina. At the point where the laser contacts the tissue, this stimulates the special repair cells of the body—those that create elastin and collagen, which are the building blocks of healthy tissue.
The result is renewed, healthy tissue that performs like younger tissue. You will experience a tighter, more elastic vagina and better vaginal lubrication. If you have had recurring infections in the past, you should see a reduction in this problem, as the pH of your vagina returns to normal.
How many sessions do you need?
This procedure is repeated in a series of 3-6 treatments or more, in order to achieve optimal results. The number of treatments can vary depending on the severity and the virginal’s condition. Even after one treatment, most clients notice a smoother look and feel to their skin. Improvements will become more evident with every treatment. At the time of your third treatment, approximately twelve weeks after you initial treatments, you may begin to note more improvement.
How much pain is associated with Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Most clients describe the treatment like that of a rubber band being snapped on their skin. For those people sensitive to pain, a topical anesthetic may be applied.
What are the risks and limitations of Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Laser Vaginal rejuvenation has been considered a safe procedure worldwide. Photo rejuvenation only affects the targeted tissues and leaves the surrounding tissues intact. The only concerns would be short-term redness, bruising & short-term darkening of age spots. A limitation on this procedure is that it cannot treat clients with excessive sagging skin. Although laser vaginal rejuvenation can offer good results, it is possible that you might need complementary or alternative treatment.
Instructions on Days Prior to Treatment
- Shave as usual, 3 days before your treatment. All hair must be removed from the treatment area.
- Avoid sun tanning for at least 3-4 weeks before. Skin exposed to the sun or tanning beds will normally be too sensitive to treat with the laser and side effects may occur.
- Avoid putting any products on the treatment site that may irritate the skin. These products include esthetic or medical creams or medications.
- Avoid any other esthetic treatment that may irritate your skin.
- Avoid heavy moisturizers or body lotions on the day before your appointment.
What are post care treatments?
Post-operative discomfort from photo rejuvenation is minimal to non-existent. Bruising and redness may occur, but this is temporary. Post-op instructions should be followed. This can include using moisturizer and avoiding the usage of any harsh products.
Instructions on Post Treatment
- You can resume normal activities.
- A slight temporary redness may occur on the treatment area, but will normally dissipate within a few hours or less. Usually any redness that does occur is very temporary. You can use Ice pack, moisturizer, and aleo vera gel to reduce them.
- Some slight skin irritation may occur from the dry shaving that occurred before the treatment, or heat and sensitive skin.
- Avoid direct contact on the treated area(s) with hot showers, baths, Jacuzzi’s, etc. for 24 to 48 hours after a laser treatment, so the skin does not receive any stimulation to bring about any irritation.
- Avoid swimming in pools and chlorine for 48 hours or as long as there is irritation present.
- Avoid direct sun or UVR exposure following the treatment for 3-4 weeks as the skin will be more reactive, sensitive and prone to irritation or hyperpigmentation.
- Apply any soothing moisturizers or body lotions to the skin after your treatments. Apply as needed
- Darker pigments may get darker after the initial treatment and flake off in a few days.
* The results may vary from person to person.