Soheila Mokmeli is a Medical Aesthetics Laser Therapy Practitioner in Canada, an award winning instructor and resource for laser therapy, a member of Canadian Association of Medical Sps & Aesthetic Surgeons (CAMACS) and World Association of Laser Therapy (WALT). She is also an International Medical Graduate (IMG) Doctor from Tehran Medicine University. At present, she is the Laser Therapy Consultant and Research Manager at Canadian Optic and Laser Center (COL Center).
She worked as an Assistant Professor at Zanjan Medical faculty 1995 to 2001. She has been practicing laser therapy since 1998 to present. She was the director of Research Center of Laser Department of Milad Hospital in Tehran – October 2002 to March 2009. At this position, she served as mentor and counselor of medicine and nursing students and MDs for academic and research centers’ projects in the laser field. She coordinated multidisciplinary laser therapy projects, prepared educational outlines, and supervised more than 54 research and thesis papers.
During her practice as a Laser Therapist, she served more than 10,000 clients in different fields including cosmetic & beauty, obesity, pain management, wound healing, and more. Her professional goal is to provide a comprehensive assessment of the client’s needs by offering safe, effective treatments for hair removal, skin rejuvenation, skin tightening and laser therapy. She knows how to effectively evaluate the client’s hair color, skin color and body area to be treated. She tries to provide laser treatments, using the safest and most effective laser application, and determines appropriate laser settings and techniques to deliver optimal treatment. Soheila believes to recognize contraindications to laser hair removal and other laser applications before the treatment. A proper assessment to any reaction to treatment is her skill to achieve better results.
She was awarded for her study on Laser Wave Lengths by the North American Association for Laser Therapy in 2013. In addition, she received an award as the Pioneer of Photo Medicine in her country in 2012 and received an award for Best Laser Study from European Medical Laser association (EMLA) in 2007. She was the President of Medical Laser Association in her own country from August 2009 to November 2011. Some of her activities included:
- Management of a team consisting of 330 members of Medical Doctors and Specialists to identify professional development needs in laser therapy for staff and members.
- Serving as a resource to evaluate the association’s continuous improvement plans.
- Designing and planning educational and training courses of Biophotomedicine for the Medical Council.
- Counseled in Biaphotomedicine and laser field when academic problems adjustments arose, meeting with academical position to reach solutions.
- Planning workshops, training course, arranging seminars and programs to raise funds and support association and research programs. Designing educational programs and Research (supervised 25 thesis and research papers).
In Canada, laser therapy is considered as a non-invasive and non-medical procedure at personal service establishments, and that is why she decided to continue her practice at COL Center to offer professional personal laser therapy services.
Training & Personal Development
- Certified in Data Management for Clinical Research by Vanderbilt University, 2016
- Certified in Quality Management System Requirement and Internal Audit by International Organization BRS(AVA), 2012
- Certified in Laser Hair Removal and Photo-Rejuvenation, All Body Laser Institute, BC Canada, 2012
- Certified in Laser Therapy for Body contouring, All Body Laser Institute, BC Canada, 2012
- Certified as instructor in fellowship program of “Advanced Laser in Dentistry” by Aachen University, Germany, 2010-2011
- Certified in Facial Treatments (Skin Care) – Mary Cohr- France, 2010
- Certified as an Instructor for Sport Medicine course by Federation of International Ski Sport, 2009
- Diploma of Advanced Course in Laser therapy, Swedish Laser Medical Society Sweden, 2005
- Diploma of Laser in Medicine – Russian State Research Center of Laser Medicine Russia, 2001
- Designed, developed and implemented laser course and lessons for more than 1000 MDs, Dentists and physiotherapists (Different universities, associations, congresses, Workshops), 2004 to present.
- Presented 41 articles in the field of Biophotomedicine and laser therapy in cosmetic, diabetes, pain management, tissue healing, cardiovascular and blood pressure at International Congresses.
- Laser Therapy in Cosmetic & Beauty, Copyright 2012
- The basis of Cold Laser Therapy & Its Applications, Copyright 2012
- Laser Therapy In Smoking Cessation, Copyright 2012
- Laser Therapy in Body Contouring and Cellulite Treatment, Copyright 2012
- Laser Therapy in Pain Management, Copyright 2012
- Laser Therapy in Veterinary, Copyright 2012
- Chapter XVI, Volume 4 of the Text book “Laser in Medicine and Dentistry”, “The Applications of LLLT in Anesthesia and Surgery” By (European Medical Laser Association),2009
- Basic Principle of Low Level Laser Therapy, 2005
- Russian Conventional Technique in Laser Therapy for Neurological Disorders, 2012
- Cardiac Arrhythmia-2008
- Articles: 29 articles in international journals.