Certified students in the Laser Hair Removal Program can get involved in the beauty industry and join various types of clinics and spas.
Course Topics Include:
- Physiology and anatomy of skin and hair, Basic hair biology and growth cycles, skin classification.
- Basic laser physics and laser tissue interaction.
- Laser classification, Types of medical and hair removal lasers.
- Therapeutic parameters, Laser parameters (power, fluency, wavelength, chromosphere, pulse duration, frequency, spot size, energy setting) and their effect upon results.
- IPL and flash lamp methods of hair removal.
- Client consultation and health assessment.
- Contraindications to treatment and side effects.
- Before and after laser care.
- Laser safety issues for the patient and the operator.
- Hands-on laser experience.
- Final exam.