Career opportunities for Laser Technicians in wound healing include getting employed in different centers that provide personal services such as wellness clinics, sport centers, laser centers, or veterinary clinics.
Low Level Light Therapy or Cold Laser Therapy improves tissue repair wherever the beam is applied.
Laser Therapy has been used for many years on non-healing wounds such as venous ulcers diabetic, foot ulcers and pressure sores as well as post chemotherapy and radiation ulcers (mucositis).
This program is offered to students with health backgrounds such as physiotherapists, nurses, massage therapists, acupuncturists, reflex therapists, athletic trainers, occupational therapists, chiropractors, medical doctors, pharmacists, psychologists, estheticians, and cosmetologists wanting to expand their knowledge and receive certification in Laser Therapy to expand existing businesses and practices.
Course Topics Include:
- An overview of pathology and Physiology of wound healing.
- Physiology of low level lasers on wound healing.
- Treatment protocols of using laser therapy to accelerate recovery, reducing associated pain, swelling and bruising.
- Protocol to inhibit excessive scar tissue formation and maximize cosmetic results after surgery.
- Protocol and guidelines in diabetic wound and ulcer.
- Protocol and guidelines for burn wounds.