Laser Acupuncture (LAP) takes place in most countries like Germany, Canada, USA, France, Spain, Australia, Russia, Japan, and China. Laser acupuncture offers distinct advantages over the traditional methods because the procedure is pain-free and none-traumatic. The application of low level laser beams instead of traditional acupuncture needles to influence the flow of current at the acupuncture points is called laser acupuncture or reflexotherapy. Beyond conventional medicine, laser acupuncture is usually the preferred procedure for effective treatment of painful conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, arthritis of the knee, and chronic headache in children. Most practitioners of laser acupuncture have an in-depth knowledge of traditional Chinese medicine, and a clear understanding of how various acupuncture points function.
This program is offered to students with a background in acupuncture who are wanting to expand their knowledge in Laser Therapy to expand existing businesses and practices.
Course topics include:
- An introduction to the principles of laser applications in acupuncture.
- Difference between laser and needle.
- Overview of the bioelectrical and biochemical responses to stimulation therapies.
- Basic ACU point location and charts.
- How to use laser probe to its best use to obtain accurate placement.
- Therapeutic guideline and protocols.