Canadian Optic & Laser Center is committed to educate Veterinarians and Animal Trainers in the field of Laser Therapy to ensure that the optimal clinical results are achieved and that systems are used properly. Laser Therapy has many different applications in veterinary due to its effects on tissue healing and pain reduction. It is used to increase the speed, quality and tensile strength of tendons and also to reduce inflammation. It is a very useful modality of treatment for animal athletes because of shorter recovery duration, faster healing and lay-off times.
Course Topics Include:
- Basic physics of laser
- Basic physiology of Laser Therapy
- Biological effects of Laser Therapy
- Radiation methods
- Therapeutic methods
- Indication and contraindication
- Side effects
- In house LED phototherapy for animal
Training consists of:
- Overview of Laser Therapy
- History and Physics of Laser Therapy
- Laser Therapy Safety
- Case Studies
- Marketing Laser Therapy
- Technical Support
2. Hands-on Training
Treatment techniques will be discussed for a wide range of clinical applications such as: wound healing, dermatological conditions, soft tissue injuries, and a variety of musculoskeletal problems. Additionally, participants will learn how to use our system, including protocol utilization.
Laser Therapy Benefits
- Provides a treatment alternative for animals that have not responded to other therapies.
- Highly effective in the treatment of an extensive number of disease processes.
- Restores normal range of motion and physical function.
- Extremely safe with no known adverse effects.
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals.
- No side effects or pain.
- Easily applied.
Please contact us to receive the complete Veterinary Information Package.