Did you know that 74% of Canadian women claim to have an uneven skin tone or spots?
Sun spots, liver spots, freckles and other unwanted pigmentation are frequently connected with skin aging and over exposure to the sun or UV and tanning beds. Since the age 40 the skin is less able to regenerate from sun exposure and age spots appear. Normally these age spots create no health threat, but they can be unpleasant and create a patchy, less youthful and bright look. Freckling and age spots are effectively faded or removed with Laser or Intense Pulse Light. All of these treatments are non-invasive, proper for both the face and body and will outcome in a more smooth skin tone. The light bypasses the outer layer of skin (the epidermis) and gently heats the cells in the deeper layer of skin (dermis). These cells, called fibroblasts, start to produce more collagen, which improves texture and fine wrinkles.
Download Information Package:
Pigment & Sun Spot Treatment
IPL, LHE and Cold Laser Therapy are great treatments for sun spots, as long as you are otherwise an appropriate candidate for the procedure. Good candidates for this treatment are patients with a light to medium-dark skin tone and superficial hyper pigmentation. If you have a darker skin type, you may want to think about an alternative treatment such as a series of chemical peels and/or a topical prescription. Some machines have been designed to offer treatment parameters that are safer for darker skin, but they may decrease effectiveness or require more treatments, and there may still be an increased risk of complications, so be sure to discuss this issue with your provider if you fall into this category.
IPL and laser treatments are most commonly used for:
- Lightening and removing “sun spots”, “age spots”, and brown blotches on the face, neck, chest, hands and other areas of the body.
- Lightening and reducing redness, rosacea, dilated blood vessels and “broken” blood vessels on the face, neck and chest.
- Helping to control flushing.
- It also has a lesser effect of improving skin texture through collagen stimulation and improves pore size minimally by temporarily reducing the skin oil production.
* The results may vary from person to person.