Vascular IPL /Lasers use light to target and reduce undesirable capillaries and blood vessels of the skin. The laser wavelength is selected to target the abnormal blood vessels only, sparing the surrounding normal skin structures.
Laser Vascular Therapy is the method of delivering pulses of light energy to unwanted superficial vascular structures through the skin such as:
- Leg Veins: spider veins and varicose veins except those are knotty in appearance
- Telangiectasias: small red facial veins.
- Venous Lakes: Venous malformation that appears as blue/black soft bump, commonly seen on lower lip or fold of the ear.
- Hemangiomas: blood blisters.
- Port-Wine Stain: vascular birthmark consisting of superficial and deep dilated capillaries in the skin which produce a reddish to purplish discoloration of the skin.
Download Information Package:
Vascular and Rosacea Treatment
When used correctly by skilled practitioner, the technique is very safe and effective. Eye protection must be used by both the patient and the operator during therapy. This type of laser treatment is not related with any long-term problems such as skin cancers.
To provide the technique more comfortable though, the skin is cooled with an ice pack to prevent the transferring heat energy into surrounding skin and to prevent unwanted side effects. Different light systems may be used to treat different vascular and pigmented problems including: spider or thread veins, port wine stains, rosacea, spider naevus, age or liver spots, solar keratosis, freckles, pigmented birthmarks, warts, verrucae, some scars and stretch marks.
* The results may vary from person to person.